Most of the girls would already be aware that lehenga shopping has an important role to play in your wedding preparations. It outlines your bridal look and is a lot significant than that. Well, you should leave no stone unturned to look great on your wedding day. Whether it is about carefully shopping for your lehenga and not walking into a store and getting tricked help is needed to purchase a lehenga of your choice. Going one step ahead it is suggested that you choose a lehenga based on your height.
If you are still wondering what height has got to do with lehenga the answer to this question would be a lot! There are some designs that flatter longer heights whereas certain ones are suited for short girls. The need of the hour is to choose a lehenga that aligns with your body measurements properly below are mentioned a few of the pointers that you need to keep in mind when you are purchasing a wedding lehenga
The best way of choosing a lehenga based on your height
Lehenga tips for tall heighted girls
- The choice of a lehenga is not monotoned. If you choose a single hued lehenga it is going to make you look a tinge taller. You can break the barriers with a dual toned lehenga or one with a broader one that is contrasting in colour.
- Be aware that broad toned lehengas tends to look good on tall body frames
- When you have a tall body frame you can experiment a lot. You can opt for scalloped or layered lehengas.
- You can opt for a lehenga with a bigger and bold look. If you do so it would make you look a lot more impactful.
- The simple logic is if you have got it why you should not flaunt it. To flaunt your long torso, you can choose a small choli.
Lehenga tips for short heighted girls
- Bigger and bold work on this form of lehenga is a strict no. You should opt for a lehenga with dainty and intricate designs
- Choose breezy and light fabrics. The use of stiff fabrics is expected to make you look a lot shorter.
- The lehenga should not be having a thick waistband. You should opt for one that has minimal waistband.
- It is better to choose a monotoned lehenga since there is only a single flow of colour that flows from top to bottom. It is known to develop an illusion of light.
- It is better that you avoid wearing a lehenga with horizontal works. It is always better to opt for one with vertical works as there is an illusion of light and it is going to make you look a lot taller.
- Choose a short blouse and a low waist lehenga as you can keep the midriff area bare.
- Even the lehengas with a broad border is a strict no. You need to choose one with a borderless lehenga or one which has minimal border.
Lehenga tips for medium heighted girls
- Anything and everything that suits your body frame. Experimental or traditional you can choose one based on your tastes.
- The borders of the lehenga should not be too broad of thin
- But it is better to be choosing a lehenga that does not have big embroidery works
- If you are planning to wear a high neck blouse it is better that you keep the lehenga low waist. The objective is to arrive at a balance.
Should you buy or rent a lehenga on the big wedding day
First and foremost, you need to have a budget in mind when you are purchasing a lehenga. If there is no budget at the back of your mind it would be a futile attempt to embark on a journey of purchasing one. The amount of money that you are willing to spend on a lehenga is entirely up to an individual. But if you have a set budget it would give you an idea whether you need to go above the budget or not.
There are certain ways to restyle your lehenga indicating that you can use them in the long run. When you are able to turn your lehenga into a style statement and this is going to make the investment worthy in the long run. The question of a rented lehenga emerges, it has to be returned and all that is left are the photos. But the one that you are going to purchase will be a memento and it is something that you may keep with you for the rest of your lives. The choice is entirely yours if you want a memorable one or are looking to keep it in the pictures.
All of us are aware that women love to designer a lehenga of their choice and why not opt for it. If your budget does not allow you to purchase one you can always rent one. One of the benefits of purchasing a lehenga is that you have an opportunity to choose amidst a wide variety of designs along with collections. On the other hand, when you are renting one the choice range is limited and one of the issues with the stores is that they do not update the collections regularly.
After the wedding day taking care of the lehenga is a hassle. The process of having it cleaned time and again would lead to a damage of the creases, and it may require a tinge of fresh air. In fact, your lehenga demands a lot and you need to give it the due consideration that it desires. But if you are more than happy to pamper the lehenga then it would be an added bonus.
Last but note the least the process of purchasing a lehenga turns out to be a time consuming one in comparison to renting one due to the available options at your end.